Welcome to PhreakNet! Because this is a hobbyist endeavor, there are a few guidelines by which all members are equally expected to abide:
- All members should treat each other with respect. Member harassment is strictly prohibited.
- Black hat activities are strictly prohibited. We are here to learn, collaborate, and innovate by engaging with each other, not to cause mayhem or destruction.
Mailing List & Chat
- Emails posted should provide some indication of the identity of the sender. This can be accomplished by configuring your name in your mail client, in Groups.io, or manually signing your emails. If you don't know how to do this, reach out and someone will help you.
- No vulgar, abusive, or attacking discussion or comments on the mailing list
- No ad hominem attacks towards other members
- Disagreements should be respectful, constructive, and engaging.
- Personal drama should be avoided
- Inbound calls to the network should be screened using the verification subroutines (including the blacklist API)
- Anonymous calls are not permitted and are rejected by the default blacklisting thresholds
- Rogue directory listings are not permitted
- No spoofing of Caller ID information
- Caller ID/ANI should not be modified or transformed (e.g. rewriting PSTN caller ID to PhreakNet caller ID would not be permitted, unless both caller IDs belonged to the node operator)
- All calls into the network should be screened using the verification subroutines
TL;DR — please use common sense, and treat others as you would want to be treated!
Repeated violations of these guidelines may result in a permanent ban from the network. We strive to keep this a safe, respectful, inclusive, educational, and constructive community. Thank you for doing your part to keep it that way!